Monday, February 21, 2011

Call Me Crazy

Or call me stupid either are apropos for yesterdays workout.
I have my workouts emailed to me 2 days prior. It is great because I have a constant reminder to workout and I know what I'm supposed to do.

Well Saturday I was supposed to do a base builder 3 which I explained earlier but its intervals in zones 1, 2 &3 for 45 minutes. Great! Did I go Saturday- nope! I also called my nutritionist to confirm our meeting at 1pm on Sat and she said she never got the email from my PT. So I  had to reschedule for next Saturday at 8am.


Anyway, it was the storm watch 2011 (2 days of on and off rain) and I had to run. At around 9:30am yesterday, there was a break in the storm and the sun was actually out. I geared up and was angry with everyone that I had to workout and then headed out the door.  I warmed up for 10 minutes and started in Zone 1 for 2 minutes- easy, then Zone 2 for 2 minutes a little quick for me, but easy, then Zone 3 very fast running speed for me, but I managed to get through the 1 minute. I did this for 2 more times and at the 4th time of me having to do it, my heart rate wasn't coming down fast enough so I tried to do the other zones without my heart rate ever going back into Zone 1 for the entire 2 minutes (confused? try running, listening to music and figuring out where you are at with the times- talk about confusion).

I had to stop and walk to bring back my heart rate, then I started to cry and feel sorry for myself, then I held back puking, then I stopped before I passed out. Nice workout eh? After that fiasco, it started to rain.  First a drizzle then a down right pour. The other runners/bikers and I were all giving each other thumbs up for being that brave err stupid to be out in the "Storm".

I was on my way back to our house, and at this point I just wanted to get home so I wasn't paying attention to my HR monitor but the few times I did look at it I was in Zone 4 which for me is near death rate ha.. j/k, but it was about 185-187. I looked ahead which was hard to do with the rain hitting me in the eyes, and thought I saw our maroon truck turn the corner about 100 yards ahead of me. I was wearing a bright pink shirt and started waving my hands so he (Andy) would see me. I felt like one of those people trapped in the ocean and they see the helicopter and start waving and it just goes right over them not seeing the spec in the water (ok dramatic I know BUT). He was gone and he did not see me. I continued as fast as I could to get home.

I was about 45 minutes into my workout if you want to call it that and here comes that same truck and it was indeed Andy, he was out looking for me he said, for about 20 minutes going through all my routes. Of course I went a different route yesterday the longer route that I have never told Andy about. I hopped in the truck and he swept me home (my hero).

I got in to the warm dry house and hopped on my bike to finish the last 15 minutes for good faith!

I dont even know how to log this workout, just lets say I did something! Not sure if you can tell by the tone of this blog, but Im very frustrated with working out right now and about to say I love my body the way it is (which would be a lie, but sounds like the easiest thing to do).. Hopefully tonight's workout will bring the run  bug back.

On A Side Note:
Today after my mom and a few friends scared the begeezes out of me I went to my doctor to see what the deal was with my heart rate. My Dr does think its a high heart rate, but it could be how my body works, she did an EKG and it was normal. She did refer me to a cardiologist to make sure its truly ok. FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment